Student Body Right... Student Body Wrong...  

Posted by Frazier

I was right about............

(1) Beanie Wells I knew that Tressel wouldn't make the same mistake twice, and he didn't. Instead of letting Boeckman toss jump balls, and throw into double coverage, he just put the rock in the big man's gut and let him get to work. Wells is surprisingly quick for such a big man, so quick in fact that it almost comes as a surprise when he trucks a safety, or simply brushes off a db. That being said, he's a little fragile for such a bruiser...... (2) LSU's defense This unit was exposed yet again on Saturday. The immortal Brent Schaeffer run and passed around these overhyped wannabes. Excellent O-line play (including Mike Oher, the subject of the fabulous book "The Blind Side") and a mobile quarterback prevented the Tigers from doing much defensively. The linebackers and secondary are entirely average when the big men up front don't dominate. Just something to keep in mind....(3) Oklahoma being a bunch of bums. I know I picked them last week, but that had more to do with me being wrong about Texas Tech's resiliency than anything else. I've been burying the Sooners all season, and my faith was rewarded. I am just thrilled that we won't have to watch them stink out the joint in the title game, although I would have happily won huge sums of money betting against them.....

I was wrong about..............

(1) Indiana and I couldn't be happier. At the beginning of the year I figured the loss of their coach, and the pressure of taking the next step would be too much to ask. Needless to say the Hoosiers have played tough, disciplined football, and have lived their late leaders admonition "Don't quit". I was absolutely rooting for them this weekend, and happily celebrated the huge win. Way to go guys! Somewhere, coach Hep is very very proud....(2) Boston College. This ain't Tom O'Briens bunch, that's for sure! I predicted from the very beginning that this team would win early, and then blow their season down the stretch. With a last-second win at Virginia Tech my theory took a hit, but then consecutive losses to unranked teams made my prediction look deadly accurate. However, Matt Ryan would not be denied and pulled his team through. Another loss and I would have nailed this one, but credit to Jags and Ryan for changing the tone in Chestnut Hill......... (3) West Virginia's explosiveness Yikes. This team is sniffing around the national title, and they couldn't put away Cincy when both Slaton AND White played extremely well? That is cause for concern in Morgantown. When WVU turns the ball over, they just aren't very good. Even with Slaton running well, this team isn't breaking as many explosive plays as in the past, and they aren't the best at sustaining drives.

0 comments

Post a Comment

The Team

How's the look?