Student Body Right... Student Body Wrong...  

Posted by Frazier

I was right about............

(1) USC-California game!!! Last week I vowed to nail the final score in one of our picks some day. Well, that day has come! I'm not saying I'm a genius necessarily, but you could, if you wanted.... The (2) Vols? It's not that I'm completely sold on this bunch, but they are in the drivers seat in their division. Now, I expect them to get beat down by LSU in the SEC title game, but they have the inside track on getting there, which is more than many expected. The fighting Fulmer's deserve credit for holding the potent Hogs running attack in check, and preventing McFadden from obliterating them....(3) South Carolina folding under a tough schedule. Spurrier can coach more than a little bit, but even he needs a break from this relentless grind. The lack of consistent quarterback play is only making matters worse. The big man noted that the Gamecocks relied on being perfect on defense to stay close. Well, no one is perfect, and the Old Ball Coach is learning that the hard way....

I was wrong about..............

(1) Michigan being the team I thought they were at the beginning of the year. Ugh. They looked like they'd pulled together after a disastrous start, and were playing well. After surviving against Michigan St. I decided to overlook their faults yet again, and picked them to beat a fully mediocre Badgers squad. Well, I should have picked the homers in a battle of the mediocres. That'll teach me to trust anyone who looks "impressive" against the Big 10.....(2) Auburn. If we ever needed proof that I am not, in fact, a genius, this pick will suffice. This game should have been a gimme. One team had a better ranking, was playing well, has offense-defense balance, and a stud running back. The other has been all over the map, and the game was between the freakin' hedges. Ugh. I made way too big a deal about surrendering points to Troy. I'm a moron......... (3) Ohio State I should have stuck to my guns here. I thought they were frauds, I thought Boeckman was prone to turnovers. I consistently picked against them. I talked tremendous trash, and then I almost became a believer. I begrudgingly acknowledged their success, and gave them a shot to run the table. Nope, I was right all along. They're bums.

0 comments

Post a Comment

The Team

How's the look?