Week 8 Picks - Frazier  

Posted by Frazier

Ok, last week was yet another debacle. We're not going to count the high school game, mostly because I bitched about it enough to get it stricken. Also, we were both wrong. We're trying a new format this week. We'll be picking games, but also wagering an imaginary $100. This will probably turn in to a good lesson why we have been playing with imaginary money recently, since the picks themselves have been shaky (at best). On to the action:


Texas Tech +3.5 AT Mizzou: $15

Fool me once... I'm going to back the Red Raiders until proven otherwise. Who wins a shootout by more than three points? Tech pulls it off, 48-45.

Miami +6 AT Florida St.: $10

I can't lay the points with these two depressing teams falling over themselves offensively. Florida St. is probably less a disaster, but that doesn't say much. I'll give them the home edge, 17-13.

Kentucky +7 vs. Florida: $25

Kentucky is due for a letdown, I agree. But I'm taking the home dog getting a full touchdown. Florida has not impressed away from the cozy confines of the Swamp, and Woodson will put up points. I think Tebow drags Florida to victory, 31-28.

Oregon -11 AT Washington: $30

The Ducks are no joke. If Ohio St. can swoop in and put a hurting on the Huskies, I say the Ducks can do likewise. Oregon has a huge road win at Michigan, and has been dominating opponents. Washington got rolled by an ASU team without the balance of the Ducks. Dixon and company shine, 42-27.

Auburn +10.5 AT LSU: $20

I simply cannot ignore the fact that LSU has gone through two straight wars. Auburn is a tough, physical defense that will make it a long, slow day for the Bayou boys. I don't think Auburn has the offense to win, but I do think they'll make it another tough day before falling, 17-10.

Last Week: 2-3

Season: 16-18-1

Cash on hand: $100

0 comments

Post a Comment

The Team

How's the look?