Week 6 Picks - Frazier  

Posted by Frazier

Back to earth last week with a 2-3 performance. I have no one to blame but myself, since I saw the Clemson thing coming and just didn't get out of the way. Moral of the story? I'm a moron.

I really wish we'd picked last nights game because I would have been all over South Carolina. Still, it was a lesson in exactly what we'd been talking about. Kentucky was only as good as Woodson, and he COULD NOT turn the ball over and expect to win the game. Well, he had three turnovers (including a killer pick at the goal-line) and that was the end of that. A shame too, because Kentucky's defense put in one of their less atrocious outings of the season.

Anyways, on to this weeks' picks. Maybe I can pull it together again.

LSU -7.5 vs. Florida

Vegas is daring me to take the points. That cute little .5 is so very tempting. But I am not going to fall for their shit. Ali Highsmith is going to have an eye on Tebow all game. Meaning big Tim isn't going anywhere. While I'm not in love with the LSU passing attack, I am in love with their offensive line. Having seen what Auburn's unit with three freshman did to this Gators bunch last week, I've got to feel pretty good about the hurting this weeks' Tigers are going to put on Florida in the trenches. Baton Rouge is going to be a wild place, and Florida looked shaky on the road. Let's call it LSU 28-17.

Texas +11 vs. Oklahoma (in Dallas)

Who, exactly, is Oklahoma? I've got a good feeling about the Sooners winning the game. But I think they proved last week that they're no great shakes. Colorado played stout defense, and Oklahoma scored thanks to its' own defensive efforts. Well, this Longhorn unit is certainly superior to the Buffs on the defensive side of the ball. So you've got to like their chances to hold the scoring down. While I don't love the Texas offense (or their heart) I also didn't like Colorado wearing Oklahoma out in the 4th quarter. Underdogs are not supposed to do that. Will the Sooners win? Sure. But Texas is going to stick around, 28-20.

Nebraska +7 AT Mizzou

I'm not going against the trend. Missouri tries to pull this crap every year, and every year Nebraska (or another old-school power) rips out their heart. Also, it's an awful lot of points to give to a completely and utterly unproven team. Nebraska hasn't looked good (at all, really) but they will be up to keep little brother in his place. I guess I'm going to pick the full-out choke job. Nebraska wakes up the echoes, 27-26.

Ohio St. -7 AT Purdue

I can't do it. I like Purdue, and I hate Ohio St. But the one thing the Buckeyes CAN do is play defense. Big Ten teams simply can't run gimmicky offenses properly. If Bucky can keep Jake Locker and Washington in check, then they can do the same against Painter and company. Purdue lost a ton defensively from last year, and Boeckman has looked serviceable. Surrendering 31 to Minnesota and 19 to the moribund Notre Dame unit is not a good sign for Purdue. Ohio St. gets it done, unfortunately, 33-24.

Georgia +1 AT Tennessee

I am not going against Richt on the road. I am just not going to do it. His career record away from the Hedges in the SEC is absolutely startling. That means that I have to pick against my SEC sleeper, again. I've pretty much lost faith in the Vols. I'm not sure what they have done to be favored in this game, and yet, here it is. The Bulldogs in an uninspiring one, 20-17.

Last week: 2-3
Season: 12-12-1

0 comments

Post a Comment

The Team

How's the look?