Student Body Right... Student Body Wrong...  

Posted by Frazier

Ok. So the chaos continues. There were four teams above the chaos. Then there were two teams. Finally, there was one. The mighty Tigers of LSU. An unstoppable force. A battle-tested bunch. Then, of course they choked that away. Now the three tops teams all seem to have some serious flaws. And everyone behind them has proven that they have those flaws. Yikes. I feel pretty stupid here, but the way this season has gone, at least I'm not alone.

I was right about:

Louisville. It was the one game I predicted right, and I absolutely nailed it. Brian Brohm came out swinging and showed why he might be the best quarterback in the country. Great effort, and it was nice to see the Louisville defense at least try to tackle somebody.

I was wrong about:

LSU. I am very, very, very worried about their passing game. Flynn is a fighter, but he did not show good touch on Saturday. He missed about a half dozen passes by overthrowing, or underthrowing, or making a bad read. It was a mess.

I was right about:

Arkansas being unable to get it done against Auburn. I really love McFadden, but his Heisman hopes may have gone out the window on Saturday. Auburn stacked the box, and dared Dick to throw. Needless to say he failed to deliver.

I was wrong about:

Texas A&M. I'd fire Coach Fran right now. I mean, is it worth playing out the string? I like McGee, I even like Lane, although he is a fat-ass. But this coach is a debacle. Questionable personal judgment, questionable coaching, and his team has been embarrassed by the only two half-decent teams they've faced (including Miami, which may not even be that good).

I was right about:

Wisconsin. They are awful. Also, Morigami does not get a pass from me. That's just an indictment of how terrible Wisconsin is. It's their defense that has let them down. Plummeting from the top to the middle of the defensive rankings.

I was wrong about:

Mizzou. I thought they could avoid mistakes, and keep it close. Things were looking good before a botched handoff deep in their own end which turned the tide.

I was right about:

Chase Daniel. The kids a fighter. I hope people don't overlook his effort, but I'm sure they will.

I was wrong about:

Kentucky's defense. They stepped up. I watched the final minutes yelling "someone step up and be a hero" at the Wildcats defense. Braxton Kelley decided to be a hero. I have to believe that if Hester was in, he makes the yard. But Jacob was worn out from carrying his team the last two weeks.

I was right about:

Not trusting Ron Zook. Way to blow the season, pal. How does Mendenhall not get more carries against a team that had trouble stopping Penn St.'s anemic running attack the week before.

I was wrong about:

Cal. Blame Riley all you want, but the last play didn't lose the game. The game was lost when Cal failed to make a play, and hold on to the ball. They had lots of opportunities, not just the one at the end. That being said, it may have been the worst play I've ever seen.

I was right about:

Picking that stupid high school game being a fiasco.

I was wrong about:

No one ever caring about it. Thanks Nestor, for your comment. The big man's cousin will have to thank you later, he and the rest of his team are still looking for their jocks.

0 comments

Post a Comment

The Team

How's the look?