Student Body Right... Student Body Wrong...  

Posted by Frazier

Does anyone have salt for my crow? It wasn't even my worst week of the season, but I was also plain wrong on several occasions. Time for supper:

I was right about:

Having an AWESOME time at Beaver Stadium on Saturday. Nothing quite like sitting with 108,000 rabid fans, and noisy ones at that. None of funeral quality of the Big House. Happy Valley lives up to its' name. Also, Penn St. fans want their team to win the right way. Pride and honor are the hallmarks of the program under Paterno. However, Anthony Morelli is NOT a well-liked man in PSU-land. The mock cheers after throwing the ball out of bounds was telling.

I was wrong about:

USC. Ugh. One of the worst losses in a year full of bad losses. Blowing a game to Stanford at home? It's the same old story with the Trojans. They have talent, but fail to play up to their potential. Surrendering a 4th and 20 late in the game? Classic. Making too many mistakes and turning over the football when all you have to do is grind it out? Classic. They have a great and inconsistent defense, and a talented but dysfunctional offense. Carroll is a fabulous recruiter, but a questionable, at best, game coach. His players ALWAYS mail in a couple of games a year (except in bowl games, when they are scary good).


I was right about:

Anthony Morelli. You can see his interceptions coming. It's incredible.

I was wrong about:

Florida. They showed a lot of heart on Saturday. If they can make one play they win that game. Still, I liked the way they played.

I was right about:

Texas hanging around with Oklahoma. Both those teams are overrated, but the Longhorns didn't roll over, which is a credit to them. Oklahoma may win-out, but you don't want to see them get absolutely worked by LSU in the title game. Trust me.

I was wrong about:

Georgia. Or maybe Tennessee. Richt's crew can be as good as any team in the country, but they are horribly inconsistent. That games against the Vols was startling. I have no explanation. Either Tennessee is a lot better than we thought, or Georgia is the most inconsistent team in the country.

I was right about:

Ohio St. and Purdue. I was a little surprised that the Boilermakers couldn't get anything going on offensively, but I have a feeling that the Purdue offense is going to bog down in the cold in the down and dirty Big Ten. Ohio St. is somehow still under the radar.

I was wrong about:

Nebraska. That team should be embarrassed. I am officially recalling the Blackshirts until further notice. Those assholes are wearing pink from now on.

I was right about:

Chase Daniel. He'll need to be as good against Oklahoma next week to give his team a chance. Still, he's as impressive as anyone in the country right now.

I was wrong about:

Cincinnati. The Bearcats are getting it done. They may, actually, be legit. Winning at Rutgers is a nice one. I figured they were pretty much the same as the Scarlet Knights from last season, and they may be, but that was a hell of a road win. So I'm willing to give them some serious consideration.

I was right about:

Wisconsin. They're a bunch of bums. They suck. Illinois sucks too, as does the whole Big Ten. But Wisconsin were the biggest bunch of frauds in the country. Now they can go back to being boring and mediocre.

0 comments

Post a Comment

The Team

How's the look?