Week 9 Picks - Walter  

Posted by Walter

Georgia +9 over Florida (@ Jacksonville)

I don't love this game, and if I were a betting man in real life (ahem ahem) I'd stay away. Florida is clearly the better team, although Georgia does have some nice young players. The question is going to be whether Matt Stafford and company can stay with the Gators when the points start flying. Stafford has the arm but his WR aren't good enough. Still, I'll take Mark Richt on the "road" to cover 27-21 for $10.

California +3 @ Arizona State

Lots of questions in this one. Which California shows up, the one that beat Oregon in Autzen or the one who has lost two straight to mediocre teams? Is Arizona State even any good, I mean they haven't played anyone? There are basically four combinations at work here and three of those four favor the more talented Bears. So basically, the only way Cal loses this game is if the bad Cal shows up and AZ State is actually decent. Uh yeah.....that sounds good. I'll take my chances with Cal taking it outright 28-24 for $10.

@ Texas A & M +2.5 over Kansas

Wow a home dog against a team that is undefeated because they haven't played anyone, this is a gambler's dream.....oh wait A & M is coached by Dennis Franchione right? Damn. I am still not buying this Kansas team. Maybe it's because I haven't seen them play enough (a distinct possibility), or maybe it's because they really aren't that good (also a distinct possibility). All I know is that the next time an opponent gets an easy game at Kyle Field, well that will be the first time. Fuck it, give me A & M winning it outright 23-17 for $20.

Ohio State -3.5 @ Penn State

I hate to do this, I really do. I love JoePa, I love the White Out, I love "we are Penn State." Conversely, I hate the Horsehoe, I hate dotting the i, and I hate the Buckeyes and their "path of least resistance" schedule (seriously their non conference schedule is a JOKE). All that said, OSU is clearly the better team in this one and only one of these teams has the amazing folding QB at the helm (yea you Morigami). Penn State gets NOTHING on offense in this one. I'll take Ohio State easily covering 23-6 for $30.

@ Oregon -2.5 over USC

This just in, the Ducks offense is flat out ROLLING right now. They hung half a hundred on Washington and seem to finally have Jonathan Stewart healthy and dominating. Stewart and Dixon form the most lethal QB-RB running duo in the nation (that's right, better than White-Slaton at WVU.....check the numbers). USC has been underachieving all year, and with a QB controversy looming there is no reason to think they are going to right the ship now. The bottom line is that although USC has some nice defensive players, the Chip Kelly led Ducks offense is WAY too much. I'll take Oregon big in this one 38-27 for $30.

Last Week: 3-2

Season: 18-21-1

Winnings to Date: up $50

0 comments

Post a Comment

The Team

How's the look?