Week 9 Picks - Frazier  

Posted by Frazier

Georgia +9 over Florida (@ Jacksonville) for $10

Awesome, a one-man team against the Jekyll and Hyde bunch from Athens. I think Richt gets his team ready to roll in this one. Georgia makes the necessary plays, and Tebow's shoulder makes him one-dimensional. But the Bulldogs won't be able to get it done, 28-24.

California +3 @ Arizona State for $30

Ugh. Another tough one. An Arizona St. team that we know absolutely nothing about against a Cal team that's shown us one thing: they're inconsistent. I'm going with the devil I know over the devil I don't know. I think Cal pulls the upset, and prevents me from having to pay attention to the Sun Devils for the rest of the year, 38-27.

Kansas -2.5 AT Texas A&M for $15

I am backing Kansas for one reason: the coaching matchup. Coach Fran is coaching desperate. Which either means he'll step up, or completely fold. This IS Fran we're talking about, so I'm going to back the real "Mangenius" the one waddling the sidelines for the Jayhawks. I like Kansas balance, and I think they squeak another one, 20-16.

Ohio State -3.5 @ Penn State for $15

It's a no-win situation. As I do every time when the Nittany's are involved, I'm playing it safe. In another desperate anti-jinx move, I'm just going to go with Ohio St. here. This is going to be a tough game for the Buckeyes, but everyone has been talking about it for weeks, and they may have even got caught last week looking ahead a little. I think they're ready to go, and I can't say the same about Morigami. It's Buckeye time, 20-13.

USC +2.5 AT Oregon for $30

The Trojans haven't been an underdog in the regular season in several years. Last year they were underdogs in the Rose Bowl, and we all know how that turned out. I honestly believe that starting Sanchez is in their favor, as he has a ton of talent, and seems to have more spark than Booty. Oregon lost at home to a Cal team that doesn't play defense nearly as well as USC, and I just can't go against Carroll and company. Every year they fail to show up in a winnable game, but they almost always come out gangbusters in the spotlight. USC downs the Ducks, 31-20.

Last Week: 3-2

Season: 19-20-1

Winnings to Date: up $20

0 comments

Post a Comment

The Team

How's the look?