10 Things I Saw  

Posted by Walter

Although they gave up nearly 500 yards of total offense, that was a heroic effort by (1) Will Muschamp's Auburn defense on Saturday night. Muschamp came up with another brilliant game plan (seriously, this guy needs to be on someone's radar for a head coaching job), but Auburn's second half offensive woes forced the Tiger defense onto the field WAY too much and they were simply too tired to close out the game......(2) Erik Ainge, another 25 attempt, 240 yard day. If this guy is so good, why doesn't Tennessee throw the ball down the field? I think I just answered my own question, eh Phil......I feel so bad for Michigan State fans. After watching a disciplined and focused Spartan team nearly pull off the upset at Ohio State, I can't help but wonder what would have happened had (3) Mark Dantonio coached the talent in East Lansing that John L. Smith had.....For about 3 months now all we've heard from NFL draft pundits is that there are very few, if any, "elite" offensive prospects for the 2008 NFL Draft. While they may be right, I think we saw a sleeper for the "elite" tag announce himself on Saturday. With 251 yards and 2 scores, Oregon's (4) Jonathan Stewart looked like a future NFL superstar. Stewart is a scout's wet dream with off the charts triangle numbers (5'11'', 230 lbs., 4.4 speed), but his production has always been hampered by nagging injuries. If he stays healthy the rest of the year, assuming they both come out, he could challenge Darren McFadden (who has been badly outplayed this season by his teammate Felix Jones) to be the first RB taken, and in the top 5 overall. Hey, you heard it here first.....I said it before, I'm saying it again, and I'll keep saying it until somebody listens to me. If I had a Heisman vote, it would go to (5) Jacob Hester......I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there will be more than a few people rooting for (6) Navy to snap their nearly 50 year drought against Notre Dame this weekend. If the Midshipmen don't beat the Irish this year, it may never happen......20 of 22 passing, 273 yards and 5 touchdowns. Nope, we here at the 323 haven't forgotten about you (7) Cullen Harper......If I told you that (8) Miami was playing FSU in Tallahasee, that their leading passer would have a completion percentage under 50 and oly 59 yards, and that their leading rusher would have only 80 yards, would you have guessed that they would have scored 37 points????? Seriously, you can't make this stuff up......Shhhh, don't look now but (9) Pat Hill has his Fresno State Bulldogs at 5-2 and absolutely rolling heading into next week's matchup with Boise State. With their only losses coming at Texas A & M (by 2 points) and at Oregon (by significantly more) this Fresno team has is a lot better than people think and could definitely pull the shocked against the Broncos at home......Who am I? I am a 5'11'', 200 lbs. sophomore quarterback. I have 1805 passing yards, 17 TD against 4 INT. My team is currently undefeated and atop its conference for the first time in, well, ever. Still don't know? Hi, my name is (10) Todd Reesing and I play for the Kansas Jayhawks, but because I don't have an OU or a Longhorn on my helmet you've never heard of me.

0 comments

Post a Comment

The Team

How's the look?