The White Flag  

Posted by Walter

So, my best efforts notwithstanding, the NFL network has thwarted my plans for Senior Bowl week. Though they claim to be televising the practices for the North and South squads, in reality the network is merely using the practice field as its own “on site” set. Instead of actually showing the players practicing, viewers are treated to an hour and a half of network talking heads, in season game clips, and glimpses of the ongoing practice in the background. Now don’t get me wrong, I love listening to Mike Mayock (who is the new Mel Kiper!), and the fact that he is a Boston College grad has nothing to do with that (well maybe a little). But the fact remains unless you are physically in Mobile, you simply cannot see enough to grade out the players. I guess we’ll have to wait until the combine in Indianapolis!

But fear not, new features are coming ASAP…..just don’t expect me to apologize to the NFL Network.

0 comments

Post a Comment

The Team

How's the look?