Student Body Right... Student Body Wrong...  

Posted by Frazier

WOW! Ok, now THAT was an exciting weekend of football. It was a tough week to be a prognosticator of any stripe, but it certainly made things interesting. So let's break down one of the most fun weekends I can remember.

I was right about:

College football being fun, and unpredictable, and exciting in a way that professional football and all other sports can only dream of. (Even though that Padres-Rockies game last night was absolutely thrilling).

I was wrong about:

Um, the "Big Four". I said that Oklahoma and Florida were the kind of teams that wouldn't falter, or blow games they should win. Well, I was wrong. With all appropriate credit to Colorado and Auburn, those teams should not have had a prayer against superior opposition. Does Tuberville know something about Florida that the rest of us don't? Maybe...

I was right about:

Texas being complete and utter frauds. They got HOUSED by K-State. It was the second consecutive win for K-State over the Longhorns, and this one was a fluke. It wasn't a desperate comeback or anything like that. It was a complete ass-whupping.

I was wrong about:

Alabama. I am not backing done from my statements about FSU. They are a bunch of chumps. But Alabama got exposed. Letting Xavier Lee look like a competent quarterback is a sin.

I was right about:

South Florida. I am all over that team. They beat West Virginia in every phase of the game. Jim Leavitt is easily the most underrated coach in the country. Frankly, it isn't close. They are a top ten team, and a decade ago they DID NOT EXIST! Beyond phenomenal.

I was wrong about:

Oregon. Ugh. I wasn't terribly wrong, because that game was an absolute nail-biter. On the other hand, I thought Dixon would pull them through. I also thought they would stand tough when Cal moved the ball. They certainly had the chance, but Cal showed more fortitude than I thought they had. Autzen is a tough place to play, and the Bears were ready. And how about that ending!

I was right about:

The Georgia Tech game being the epitome of the Bowden era at Clemson. A wounded, weak opponent, a Clemson team with everything going for it. A weak ACC ripe for the picking. And what happens? Bowden's team shoots itself in the foot about a thousand times and the Tigers shit the bed. Classic.

I was wrong about:

Picking Clemson. Ugh. Sometimes I'm an idiot.

I was right about:

Tebow not winning a title on his own. Unfortunately for Florida, he was asked to.

I was wrong about:

BC rolling easily over their next three opponents. UMass put up a real fight. The only people struggling more than the Eagles in Alumni Stadium on Saturday were the big man and I under a blazing sun. Seriously, upgrade to those shady seats, pal.

0 comments

Post a Comment

The Team

How's the look?