Orange Bowl Picks  

Posted by Walter

Walter:

Wake Forest +10 over Louisville

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. No way am I falling into the Wake Forest trap again. This is a huge number especially for a team (Wake) that has made its living this year playing close games. And it's not exactly like Louisville has been lighting everyone up. True they blew out UConn, Pitt, and South Florida, but they lost to Rutgers, had to squeak by Syracuse (despite the final score), and only beat Cincinnatti by 6. Wake, meanwhile, has covered a number by more than 10 several times this year including against Florida State (Wake was +5, they won by 30), Boston College (Wake was +7 they won by 7), and Maryland (Wake was a pick 'em, they won by 14). Bottom line is that Wake Forest has done this time and time again this year, and I am going with the trend. Louisville wins, but it's very close. Call it 21-18.

Overall Bowl Record: 13-14

Frazier:

Wake Forest +10 over Louisville

Big spread against a team that plays incredibly close to the vest. They will take advantage of any and all turnovers, and I haven't been entirely impressed with Louisville. They got shut down by a Rutgers team that in many ways reminds me of Wake. Wake Forest loves being the underdog, and will thrive off of it in this environment. Brohm is great, but Grobe has led his troops into tougher battles, and I just love the way he finds ways to put points on the board, and they will need them. I think Louisville pulls away, but Wake ain't going down without a fight. Cardinals win, 27-23.

Overall Bowl Record: 11-16

0 comments

Post a Comment

The Team

How's the look?