Student Body Right... Student Body Wrong...  

Posted by Frazier

Ok, it's hard to be too right, and too wrong about things when you don't say them out loud. Or at least when I don't share them with the 323. Still, some of my long term predictions were impacted, and of course I had an opinion about every game.

I was right about:

Realizing that Anthony Morelli is a thrower, and not a quarterback. This is the last you will hear from me about Penn St. until they actually do something noteworthy.

I was wrong about:

West Virginia rolling East Carolina. The Pirates played disciplined football, and slowed the onslaught.

I was right about:

How to attack the WVU offense. East Carolina played assignment football, and avoided getting blown out early. I really didn't think this bunch would have the patience and coaching to execute this plan.

I was wrong about:

Matt Stafford being the savior at Georgia. Yikes. His time will come, but it ain't now.

I was right about:

Joe T. Look, he isn't even the best "Joe" that plays quarterback for the Bulldogs. That distinction belongs to Joe Cox who stepped in and saved the season. At least until they implode over the final weeks.

I was wrong about:

Boston College getting full credit for several too-close wins. They flirted with disaster all season, and it kicked them in the jaw. They have no excuse for losing this game. The single coverage on the winning score was one of the most inexplicable things I have ever, EVER seen in a football game. How could that ever happen? Totally beffudling from a team that I thought had better coaching than that.

I was right about:

BC having the potential for a very short stay in the power rankings. I said that after so many emotional battles, they might find themselves blowing a very winnable game. Well, they did. It's going to take a lot to climb back into my good graces.

I was right about:

Notre Dame's defense. Their inconsistency has been startling this year. The Irish would have lost that game if John L. Smith had two neurons to rub together in that noggin of his. Terrible coaching, terrible decisions, terrible tackling, defense, and execution. On their final drive I thought the Spartans would probably have been better served by taking a knee and accepting defeat, instead of embarrassing themselves some more.

I was wrong about:

USC firing on all cylinders yet. They are still figuring things out, especially offensively. Although their defense is vastly improved this year. They still are a legit title contender, but they are going to need to execute more crisply in the future. Holding a 10-3 lead late against the Arizona's of this world was not how the Trojan dynasty was built.

0 comments

Post a Comment

The Team

How's the look?